“ ENERGY EFFICIENCY IS ONE OF OUR MOST
ECONOMICAL SOURCES OF
NEW ENERGY ”
One of the defining challenges of the 21st
century is creating enough energy to power
It is the story of our time and it touches us all.
As we strive to improve standards of living in
the world, the demand for energy is souring
than never before.
The question we face together as businesses,
governments and energy citizens of the planet
is where will the energy come from? While
many answers are yet to be found, Real Time
project is certain that the decision we all make
today is a platform for broader economic
growth and improves the
quality of life.
- South Africa’s power will be tight for the next
few years: the next two years are critical
- Eskom have kept the lights on since the
emergence of load shedding in 2008, supply
and demand of energy is still a challenge
- Most power stations are in their mid-life
and require increased maintenance; but
maintenance has constantly been shifted in
order to ensure we can meet demand
- Eskom have put initiatives in place to keep the
lights on, but they cannot do it alone.
- Real Time project cannot do it alone and the
Customer also cannot do it alone, we are
in this together and together as the South
African nation shall succeed.
- Cumulatively the Esco market has helped
- 3,076MW to date, which is equivalent to a
power station supply
- The Esco Market uses Demand Side
Management technologies and programs to
determine the best mechanisms to obtain
electricity savings at the Customer area of